Or 6 monthly payment of $250.00 with Laybuy
This collection explores balance. There is a series of lights: table lights, wall lights, ceiling pendants and ceiling mounted lights which take as their basic form a sphere that is perfectly balanced on the edge of a rod.
I came across an online video clip of a contact juggler. He was spinning a set of spheres, moving them aroundon his arms and edge of his fingers. And as I got mesmerized by the magic of his skill, suddenly the spheres look perfectly still. I wanted to capture that exact moment. This was my starting point. The initials IC come from the codes that English police use to define the perceived ethnicity of a person they stop in the street when reporting back to the station. IC1 means white person or Northern European type, IC2 means Mediterranean European/Hispanic, IC3 indicates an African/Afro-Caribbean person, and so on, so this is a playful story to define the different designs.
Photography © Guiseppe Brancato
- Colours Frame in brass, brushed and transparent varnished, chrome steel or black. Blown glass opal diffuser.
- Dimensions Ø30 x H38.1 cm
- Material Steel support, base and stem, with opal blown glass diffuser
- Variations IC T1 Low table lamp, IC High Table lamp
- Lamp type 1 x 205W E27 HSGS