Stefano Giovannoni, born in La Spezia in 1954, graduated in Architecture in Florence in 1978, he lives and works in Milan. Since 1979 he has taught and done research at the Florence Faculty of Architecture; he is master-professor at Domus Academy in Milan and at the Università del Progetto in Reggio Emilia. He has been invited for workshops at the Royal College of Art in London, at the Academy O. Kochoska in Wien, at the Hochschule der Bildenden Kunst in Saarbrücken and at the Design Quest in Osaka. He works as an industrial and interior designer and architect.
Giovannoni has worked with companies like Alessi, Flos, Magis, Seiko, Pulsar, Cappellini, Kankyo, Saab, etc. In 1991 he designed the Italian Pavillon at the exhibition “Les Capitales Europeennes du nouveau design” at the Centre Georges Pompidou. He has participated in national and international competitions including: ”Shinchenchiku Residential Design Competition”, Tokyo, 1980. Some of his projects have received the “Design Plus” award at the Frankfurt Fair- Ambiente in 1994 and 1996, the “Forum Design Hannover” award in 1999 and has been selected at “Compasso d’oro” in 1996 and 1998. His works are part of the permanent archive of Centre Georges Pompdou.